Saturday 9 July 2011

The Who "Specials"




As a "professional schoolboy" Doctor who still holds the same fascination for me now as it did all those years ago when I was a boy in Porthcawl, South Wales.
I remember my dad and I watching many an episode, me from behind the settee. Looking back I remember it as being "our time" Saturday afternoon after a hard days play or gardening in dad’s case. The Doctor was played by William Hartnell, the reception was "grainy" and in black and white.


Like the Doctor the TVs have transformed so has the trick photography and effects created, but one of the best off shoots from the 280 odd stories is the toy development. Young fans have, for a number of years, been able to buy jointed, fully poseable figurines of many of the principle characters created by the programs, and we have managed to scoop a number of them. I have shown some from Series 5 (The Eleventh Doctor) for which we offer as a special

1 comment:

  1. Two generations have grown up with Dr. Who haven't they.I guess these will be popular.

    ReplyDelete